Your Career Begins at Precision Drive Systems
If you are ready for a rewarding career that provides you with the ability to advance professionally and earn uncapped commission and unlimited compensation, look to PDS. We make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose and Scope
The Machine and Spindle Application Engineer works under the direction of the President of PDS with progressively greater responsibility for customer projects and assignments that involve problem-solving and the resolution of both commercial and technical issues related to spindle application in machine automation and manufacturing environments.
- Maintain and update monthly Engineering Project Log.
- Establish and maintain RFQ (Request for Quote) forms, Project Scope justification forms, and Application requests forms.
- Support Sales opportunities while securing adequate technical data.
- Support manufacturing floor with problem-solving, fixtures, gauges, and standard processes, along with support for ISO 9001 scope/certification.
- Support inside and outside sales force with troubleshooting assistance and engineering technical information.
- Support the procurement (purchasing) department with the sourcing of components as the need occurs and ensure updated designs for suppliers.
- Present and explain proposals, reports, and findings to clients for warranty evaluations and support requested evaluations.
- Maintain accuracy and integrity of the Engineering CAD database.
- Maintain proper document control in Engineering Department.
- BSME or equivalent training or experience.
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in mechanical / project engineering and supervision
- Plan, direct, or coordinate and oversee the technical and engineering activities.
- Analyze technology, resource needs, and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
- Experience with part and component purchasing and product procurement.
- Experience with rolling element design, DFMEA (Design Failure Mode & Effects Analysis), EDR (Engineering Design Review), and product warranty evaluation procedures/reports.
- Experience in machine tools and machining processes.
- Competent with 3D CAD software and engineering management systems; preferred Autodesk Inventor and Vault systems.
- Experience with vibration analysis, electronics, automation, and robotics engineering a plus.
- With minimal supervision, support sales and interact with customers with new spindle designs, accessory designs, and technical drawings.
- Develop new product offerings and maintain existing product lines to support sales and create more opportunities.
- Collaborates with the American engineering team of PDS LLC (Charlotte, NC)
- Reverse engineer components for repairs.
- Troubleshoot complex spindle repair issues as they arise.
- Design process improvements for shop floor and support existing / new testing equipment for validation of products.
- Work with vendors and customers to meet cost and quality requirements.
- Collaborates with the American engineering team of PDS LLC (Charlotte, NC).
- Self-starter, team-oriented, determined, passionate, and loyal.
- High level of critical thinking and analytical abilities.
- Able to work in a flexible, fast-paced environment.
- Effective communication skills and ability to train and mentor.
PDS offers employee benefits as presented in our standard Employee Handbook including 401K contribution match, accrued paid time off, nine (9) paid annual holidays, tuition reimbursement, health care, dental, vision and life insurance.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experience, and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted on: August 1st, 2023 by: Precision Drive Systems