Your Career Begins at Precision Drive Systems
If you are ready for a rewarding career that provides you with the ability to advance professionally and earn uncapped commission and unlimited compensation, look to PDS. We make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose and Scope
The Sales Engineer works under the direction of the National Sales Manager and has progressively greater responsibility for customer projects and assignments that involve problem-solving and the resolution of both commercial and technical issues related to spindle applications in machine robotics and manufacturing automation environments. Specific expectations of the Sales Engineer include:
- Coordinating internal associates, customers, and automation integrators for projects of moderate scope, including planning, scheduling, and coordinating. Expected to develop and demonstrate leadership skills in influencing, driving for results, and purchasing commitment.
- Develop, maintain, and grow effective customer relationships by maximizing face-to-face interaction, executing call plans, prospecting, and coordinating PDS engineering, marketing, and customer service resources.
- Participate in customer negotiations; develop value-based pricing strategies and manage a portfolio of both product and service business segments. Expected to understand the customer’s business, market space, and needs. Be empathetic to the production risks of downtime, specification compliance, effective engineering design, and optimal machining automation.
- Build and develop both technical and decision-making relationships with customers and automation integrators by providing consistent and expert technical support to customers across the PDS portfolio of products and services.
- Build an understanding of PDS solutions and learn how to leverage the value of our total capabilities to maximize price, expand relationships, and grow business.
- Manage sales process for assigned customer accounts or territory. Establish relationships and professional credibility with the assigned customer base. Makes target number of customer calls and attains defined sales targets.
- Prospects new business and cultivates new customers based on automation project opportunities. Responds to sales leads, RFQ, RFP, and market trends and demand.
- Collaborates with PDS associates, consulting engineers, and technology integrators to develop and deliver high-impact customer presentations, proposals and quotes that focus on PDS capabilities and solutions.
- Through an understanding of customer drivers, builds the ability to influence customer decisions pertaining to innovative solutions, products, and prototype applications.
- Builds sales competencies in discovering hidden opportunities for PDS, representing customer needs, leveraging value propositions, and overcoming objections.
- Facilitate customer interaction and coordinate with Marketing, Customer Service, Engineering, Purchasing, Manufacturing, and other cross-functional areas.
- Works with Customer Engineering on system analyses, including spindle selection, variable frequency drives, tooling, and accessory products. Obtains application parameters and details from customers. Participates in evaluating new designs and concepts from customers and feasibility analysis.
- Collaborates with National Sales Manager to develop customer-based sales plan including sales plan execution, won/lost business, pricing plans, new business attainment. Gather and submit customer and market knowledge into monthly demand and quarterly sales quota planning processes and quarterly rolling forecasts.
- Over time in the job, transitions from communicating information to recommending a solution. Launches prototype solutions and test requests; conducts industry or technology research to identify trends and sell over or around competition.
- Evaluates competitors, products, and selling and market strategy. Gain an understanding of the new business development process including input into new designs, applications, or other opportunities.
- Responsible for projects as assigned and directed by National Sales or Engineering Manager. May deliver customer training or internal training presentations.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, manufacturing, robotics or similar preferred with at least 3 years of sales or relevant experience.
- Position level and compensation will be dependent upon years of qualified, relevant experience, and education.
PDS offers employee benefits as presented in our standard Employee Handbook including 401K contribution match, accrued paid time off, nine (9) paid annual holidays, tuition reimbursement, health care, dental, vision and life insurance.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experience, and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Please send your resume to email@example.com.
Posted on: October 16th, 2023 by: Precision Drive Systems