We are seeking a Metalworking Spindle Technician based in our facilities at Bessemer City, NC. Specific knowledge of tooling, machine tools and CNC manufacturing equipment with high speed electric or mechanical spindles and tooling is desired.
- Read & Comprehend design engineering drawings with included GD&T specifications.
- Disassemble spindle, review and complete repairs, reassemble and test the completed spindle.
- Review written and folder instructions regarding the specific spindle, the nature of technical problem, and the possible solutions such as part redesign, substitution or material or parts, and/or rearrangement of parts or subassemblies.
- Check blueprints to ascertain specifications, test specifications, procedures, objectives and proper test equipment.
- Drafts detail drawing or sketches for parts/spindle notebook upon completion. Submit drawing and specifications to request parts fabrication.
- Machining experience to devise, fabricate, and assemble new or modified components or assemblies for products such as spindles, power equipment, machine tools, and measuring instruments.
- Balances rotating components. Sets up and conduct tests of complete units and components under operational conditions to insure equipment performance or other factors or, to obtain data for development, standardization, and quality control.
- Analyze indicated and calculated test results in relation to design or rated specifications and test objectives and modify or adjust equipment to meet specifications.
- Record test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- 2 years shop training or Associates and 10 years metalworking spindle repair required.
- Though not required, experience with Auto Cad and material removal applications for c, metal is very desirable.
- Basic computer skills with Microsoft Office suite.
- A team player who is committed to customer service and adding value with technical support will be successful.
- Competitive pay commensurate with experience
- Rewards for performance
- Competitive benefits package, which includes:
- Pre-Tax Medical Plan with Vision, Pharmacy and Dental provisions
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Company Paid Short and Long Term Disability
- Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Nine Company Paid Holidays
Please send your resume to email@example.com.
Posted on: October 16th, 2023 by: Precision Drive Systems