Metalworking Sales Manager
Precision Drive Systems is a leading service provider in the outsourced maintenance for industrial motor spindles of machine tools and machining centers. The Metalworking Sales Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining key account sales and business management of sales support activities. A key new business development role at Precision Drive Systems, the Metalworking Sales Manager is a dynamic, change oriented position. Under direction of the President, this position will develop a strategy to penetrate key customers in the metalworking industry and work to secure those relationships. The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter, able to work in a dynamic environment, who can identify and prioritize tasks with little direct supervision. The ideal candidate will also possess the personal network, business experience, and personality required to play a key role in the development of new business for the company.
- Find new customers and support existing customers spindle service needs
- Develop strategic business relationships with customers in the metalworking industry.
- Evaluate and analyze Metalworking Spindle Repair market potential in order to develop strategic customer relationships.
- Validates new business opportunities and develops accurate forecasts.
- Develop and implement customer service and customer engagement strategy to provide total customer satisfaction and meets corporate objectives.
- Travel: This position will require 50-75% travel.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year College or university, (BSME or BSIE preferred); or 5-12 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5 years of technical sales, service, or sales experience in the Metalworking Tier I/II industry
- Knowledge of dismantling, installation and service of mechanical and electrical components and complete systems, especially machine tool main spindles
- Must possess the ability to grow and retain new business
- Position holder is a technical expert, is able to understand, and to solve technical process-related problems with some assistance
- Must possess good communication and relationship building skills
- Must be able to perform duties in an office and manufacturing setting safely
- Proven ability to think strategically and develop and execute plans
- Expert knowledge of sales and service management best practices
- Highly skilled leader with the ability to communicate effectively throughout all levels of the organization.
- Basic computer skills, including Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and Outlook
- CRM experience is a plus
At Precision Drive Systems, we are always on the lookout for talented individuals to join our team. If you’re interested in learning more about our company and job opportunities, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.