Your Career Begins at PDS GmbH in Herford, Germany
If you are ready for a rewarding career that provides you with the ability to advance professionally, look to PDS. We make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose and Scope
The Machine and Spindle Application Engineer works under the direction of the President of PDS with progressively greater responsibility for customer projects and assignments that involve problem solving and the resolution of both commercial and technical issues related to spindle application in machine automation and manufacturing environments.
Specific expectations of the Application Engineer include:
- Maintain and update monthly Engineering Project Log.
- Establish and maintain RFQ (Request For Quote) form, Project Scope justification forms and Application requests forms.
- Support Sales opportunities while securing adequate technical data.
- Support manufacturing floor with problem solving, fixtures, gauges, standard processes, along with support for ISO 9001 scope / certification.
- Support inside and outside sales force with trouble shooting assistance and engineering technical information.
- Support procurement (purchasing) department with sourcing of components as need occurs and ensure updated designs for suppliers.
- Present and explain proposals, reports, and findings to clients for warranty evaluations and support requested evaluations.
- Maintain accuracy and integrity of Engineering CAD database.
- Maintain proper document control in Engineering Department.
- BSME or equivalent training or experience.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in mechanical / project engineering and supervision
- Plan, direct, or coordinate and oversee the technical and engineering activities.
- Analyze technology, resource needs, and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
- Experience with part and component purchasing and product procurement.
- Experience with rolling element design, DFMEA (Design Failure Mode & Effects Analysis), EDR (Engineering Design Review) and product warranty evaluation procedure / reports.
- Experience in machine tools and machining processes.
- Competent with 3D CAD software and engineering management systems; preferred Autodesk Inventor and Vault system.
- Experience with vibration analysis, electronics, automation, and robotics engineering a plus.
- Self-starter, team-oriented, determined, passionate, and loyal.
- High level of critical thinking and analytical abilities.
- Able to work in a flexible, fast-paced environment.
- Effective communication skills and ability to train and mentor.
- With minimal supervision, support sales and interact with customers with new spindle designs accessory designs and technical drawings.
- Develop new product offerings and maintain existing product line to support sales and create more opportunities.
- Collaborates with the American engineering team of PDS LLC (Charlotte, NC)
- Reverse engineer component for repairs.
- Troubleshoot complex spindle repair issues as they arise.
- Design process improvements for shop floor
- support existing / new testing equipment for validation of products.
- Work with vendors and customers to meet cost and quality requirements.
- Language proficiency in German and English, written and spoken.
- Proficiency in MS Office, as well as experience with ERP systems.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Precision Drive Systems
Since 1996, PDS has been the global leader in providing new spindles, design and engineering, customer support, and repairs for spindle applications in fabricating metal, wood, plastics, stone, marble, glass, and robotics manufacturing industries. The PDS corporate office is located near Charlotte in Bessemer City, NC. European customers are provided solutions and local service from the PDS repair facility in Herford, Germany, with affiliated offices located worldwide. For more information, visit www.pdsspindeln.de or call +49 (0) 5221 69440-0.
Posted on: October 16th, 2023 by: Precision Drive Systems