Your Career Begins at Precision Drive Systems
If you are ready for a rewarding career that provides you with the ability to advance professionally and earn uncapped commission and unlimited compensation, look to PDS. We make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose and Scope
The Sales Executive is a proven business developer who will identify target customers, and develop attainable sales forecasts required to expand this business. This individual will develop and implement viable business plans and business relationships to successfully sell into the North American metalworking and machining market. This individual will collaborate with PDS Customer Engineering and Manufacturing Operations to efficiently build out metalworking spindle repair services and capabilities to optimize quality, rapid delivery, reliability, and cost efficiency. He/she will enhance competitive advantages and sales growth in high-speed electro-mechanical spindles and technology for PDS. The primary sales focus will be spindle repair and predictive maintenance contracts to serve Plant Managers and Maintenance Managers. Target markets are Aerospace, Transportation, Fluid Power, Orthopedic Implants, and other precision metalworking manufacturing industries.
Specific Expectations of the Metalworking Sales Executive Include:
- Specific knowledge of machining, CNC machine tools and accessories, and machine automation manufacturing equipment is essential.
- A “Hunter” business development mindset with the ability to recruit, engage, train, motivate and support a network (national and regional) reach through Independent Sales Agents and reselling Distributors.
- Coordinating internal associates, customers, and automation integrators to develop and demonstrate leadership skills in influencing, driving for results, and purchasing commitment.
- Develop, maintain, and grow effective customer relationships by maximizing face-to-face interaction, executing call plans, prospecting, and coordinating PDS engineering, marketing, and customer service resources.
- Understand the customer’s business, market space, and needs. Be empathetic to the production risks of downtime, specification compliance, effective engineering design, and optimal machining automation. Participate in customer negotiations; develop value-based pricing strategies.
- Build and develop both technical and decision-making relationships with customers and automation and project integrators by providing consistent and expert technical support to customers across the PDS portfolio of products and services.
- Build an understanding of PDS solutions and learn how to leverage the value of our total capabilities to maximize price, expand relationships, and grow business.
- Manage sales process in finding, prospecting, and building new metalworking customers. Establish relationships and professional credibility within the territory and assigned customer base. Makes target number of customer calls and attains defined sales targets.
- Prospects new business and cultivates new customers based on found opportunities. Responds to sales leads, RFQ, RFP, and market trends and demand.
- Collaborates with PDS associates, consulting engineers, and metalworking integrators to develop and deliver high-impact customer presentations, proposals, and quotes that focus on PDS capabilities and solutions.
- Builds sales competencies in discovering hidden opportunities for PDS, representing customer needs, leveraging value propositions, and overcoming objections.
- Facilitate customer interaction and coordinate with Marketing, Customer Service, Engineering, Purchasing, Manufacturing, and other cross-functional areas.
- Collaborates with National Sales Manager to develop customer-based sales plan including sales plan execution, won/lost business, pricing plans, and new business attainment. Gather and submit customer and market knowledge into monthly demand and quarterly sales quota planning process and quarterly rolling forecasts.
- Practical but relentless follow-up to ensure completion as an effective product manager; interpret customer needs for the repair technicians.
- Key collaborator and entrepreneur, rather than a subordinate to expand this $5M profit center for PDS.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, manufacturing, machining, or similar metalworking expertise preferred with at least 5 years of sales or relevant experience.
- Experience with the ISO 9001 certification process.
- Position level and compensation will be dependent upon years of qualified, relevant experience, and education.
PDS offers employee benefits as presented in our standard Employee Handbook including 401K contribution match, accrued paid time off, nine (9) paid annual holidays, tuition reimbursement, health care, dental, vision and life insurance.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experience, and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Please send your resume to email@example.com.
Posted on: October 16th, 2023 by: Precision Drive Systems