Get Greater Peace of Mind - More Protection - Fewer Worries
Spindles are the heart of a machine tool, an integral part in the machining process, and the most overlooked component, in respect to proper machine maintenance. Spindle failure often causes costly downtime and scrap.
Protect capital equipment and production from unexpected challenges when you add both PrecisionCareSM coverage and Spindle Health Monitoring System (SHMS) to your spindle.
Avoid the costly hassles of repairs or replacements for up to twenty-four months and help keep your production up and running.
PrecisionCareSM is your peace of mind.
Learn more about our Predictive Maintenance Program
Visualize real-time monitoring of all machines.
Tailor to specific machines.
Maintain the spindle in optimum health utilizing the continuous spindle life monitoring algorithm which is computed by using real-time vibration and temperature values.
EMERGENCY STOP ALERTS
Fast digital output (<1ms) for connection to the machine emergency stop.
HISTORICAL DATA & TRENDS
Review events to look at spindle history, all alarms and warnings, check-up, power on, shutdowns and modifications to the device parameters.
OEM-quality service at the lowest price, with the peace of mind that your spindle will perform at or better than its original specifications
Benefits of PDS PrecisionCareSM
- Extend your peace of mind to an industry-leading 24 months or 4,000 working hours of protection, whichever occurs first
- All parts and labor needed to return your spindles to their factory specs
- Priority, expedited repair/rebuild service
- 24/7 unlimited technical phone support for SHMS
- Quarterly spindle check-up analysis (remote, using SHMS data)
- Up to 70 percent savings compared to one unplanned repair
- Our technicians’ unmatched ability to fully service your spindles
- Trust us to keep your spindles running at peak performance
Spindle Health Monitoring System Pricing
PrecisionCareSM Frequently Asked Questions
How do I add the coverage? Upon purchase of the PDS Spindle Health Monitoring System (“SHMS”), you have the option of adding the PrecisionCareSM coverage.
Can I purchase the warranty alone? No, you must purchase the Spindle Health Monitoring System.
Must I apply for coverage? Yes, coverage is subject to completion and approval of the PDS Customer Application Form.
How long is the warranty period? 24 months or 4,000 working hours, whichever occurs first.
Is the 24 months an extension of the standard 12-month warranty? No.
When does the warranty period begin? On installation (first use)
Any deductible? No.
What products and services qualify? Spindle repairs and rebuilds as well as new replacement spindles.
Which spindles are covered? Select products excluded.
Who is the warrantor? PDS, LLC.
What is the policy on parts replacement? Any needed parts replacement will be made using new or remanufactured parts. The decision whether a part should be repaired or replaced is made by PDS.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED IN THE WARRANTY
This warranty does not cover damage or failures resulting directly or indirectly from any of the following:
- Improper power supply
- Use of non-balanced tooling including collet nuts
- Fire, accidents, or theft
- Abuse or negligence
- Misuse — for example, spindle crashes
- Improper repairs
- Alteration or tampering, including the Spindle Health Monitoring System
- Lack of or improper maintenance, including little or no, or too much lubrication
- Installation of non-OEM parts
- Water contamination
- Not following PDS’ Preventive Maintenance procedures for when a spindle is not installed within 3 months of receipt
Protect your equipment to get your production line off to a healthy start.
Question About Repairs?
Our trained spindle experts are standing by to help you choose the products that best fit your needs.
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, PDS will continue business as usual for repair, service, and consultative sales help. We are fortunate that our work stations are 6’ apart, maintaining safe distance for our employees. As an everyday practice, we keep our workspace 95% cleaner than most manufacturing environments. Let us know how we can help you.